What to expect for your Appointment: Curbside edition
Although we're following state and local guidelines and only seeing four-legged friends inside our building while you wait, our care and service hasn't changed! We're committed to providing you and your pet with the best experience before, during and after your appointment at City Paws Veterinary Clinic. Here's what to bring and what to expect for your pet's next visit!
What to Bring
- Adorable puppers and purritos that need some veterinary care!
- Their favorite treats and/or toys to make the visit more fun. Don't worry if you forget- we've got them here too!
- An empty stomach (for them!). We will use lots of treats to make the experience more pleasant for your pet, so please bring them on an empty stomach. This is also helpful, particularly for geriatric patients that may need fasting blood work samples.
- A fresh fecal sample 💩. We know, we know, not your fave. But you collecting one at home is way easier than us trying to get one from your pet at their visit. We recommend fecal samples on all new puppies and kittens, as well as annual wellness exams and for any patients experiencing soft stool or diarrhea. Need some tips on collecting? We've got you covered- check out this blog for more info.
- A urine sample for geriatric dogs (over 7 years of age) for routine screening, and for any dogs having urinary issues (accidents, frequent urination or straining). Here are some tips for collecting a sample properly at home.
Checking In: Call When you arrive, we're Curbside!
- Please arrive for your appointment 5-10 minutes before your scheduled appointment time, so that we can help check you into our system and complete any necessary paperwork. If you're a new client (Welcome!), you can save time by filling out our New Client Registration form online here.
- Call our front desk team at 314-644-0404 to let us know you're here. We'll call you to get a brief history, and then come out and get your pet while you wait.
- Cats must be in a carrier, and we're happy to retrieve them from your car, just let us know which door to open when you call! Dogs should have a leash on and readily accessible.
Your Pet's Exam
A City Paws veterinary technician will escort your pet to one of our dog or cat-specific exam rooms right away, and will ask you a few questions about your pet's reason for their visit, their symptoms and their lifestyle. Here are a few examples so you can have this information handy!
Healthy Patients/Wellness Exams
- Where does your pet visit? (Dog parks, grooming, boarding, or for cats- indoor or outdoor?)
- What food does your pet eat? (Brand, amount and frequency)
- What medications is your pet currently taking?
- What are the symptoms?
- When did the symptoms start?
- Is there anything new in your pet's environment or recent changes to their food, home, etc?
- What medications has your pet taken?
Making the Exam LESS STRESSFUL
You don't want your pet to be uncomfortable during their visit, and we don't either. Our Fear-Free Certified team uses every trick in the book to keep them happy and calm during their visit! We have designed our exam rooms to be less scary, use low-stress handling techniques, and don't believe in aggressive restraint. In some cases, that may mean we reschedule the appointment and discuss some calming medication before their next visit. But in most cases, it just means MORE. PEANUT. BUTTER! Bring your pet hungry, and let us know their favorite treats. If they're not food motivated, no problem! Be sure to let us know what does motivate your pet, and feel free to bring their favorite treats, toys or safety objects. If your pet is a nervous nelly or has special needs, that's no problem. Let us know their preferences by filling out a pre-visit questionnaire here.
- After your pet's exam or treatments, our veterinarian will call go over the exam findings, any medications, home care recommendations and next steps. We can book any follow up appointments right away, or you can schedule them at your convenience from your online portal.
- Our veterinarians can provide you a summary of your visit and any recommendations, and these can be emailed to you within 24 hours of your appointment. Any vaccine records will be updated in real-time and available for viewing on your pet's portal right away!
- In keeping with our goal to make our visits less stressful for the dog, more convenient and contact free for you, we now offer check-out via electronic invoice!
After the visit
We're here for you and your pet long after you leave our clinic!
- Our veterinarians and technicians will follow up with patients as needed after any illnesses, treatments, etc.
- You'll receive a call or email with blood work, fecal, urinalysis and other routine diagnostic test results (along with any necessary recommendations from the doctor) within 48 hours, plus they will appear in your patient portal!
- Feel free to contact us! If you have questions, concerns, or just want to leave your feedback, don't hesitate to reach out! You can call or email us at your convenience. Your pet's portal will help you book future appointments, order medication refills, see vaccine status and even download blood work and diagnostic results!